GST/HST Update and Refresher - 2022
This course, written and presented by Rino Bellavia, CPA is designed to build on your existing knowledge of GST/HST through practical illustrations and case studies. This course is directed to those practitioners that advise owner-managers and mid-sized businesses.
Specific topics to be covered will include:
· Application of GST/HST to payments made between parties in a medical practice
· Federal and Provincials Pronouncements including changes proposed in the budgets
· Review of recent CRA technical interpretations
· Current Topics facing the practitioner
· Implications of real property transactions
· Court case review
Prior to the course, participants will receive case studies to review and complete. The case studies will be based on real-life situations with fact scenarios, recent court decisions, CRA audits, and issues encountered by those in public practice. Solutions to each of the case studies will be provided and reviewed during the course.
Rino Bellavia CPA, CA
Rino was a partner and the leader of the Indirect Tax Practice for the Large Market Region of BDO Canada, LLP for more than 20 years. He specializes in planning for HST, GST, PST, and employment related taxes for owner-managed businesses.