This course, written and presented by Rino Bellavia, CPA is designed to build on your existing knowledge of GST/HST through practical illustrations and case studies. This course is directed to those practitioners that advise owner-managers and mid-sized businesses.
Specific topics to be covered will include:
CRA Challenges to New Housing Rebates
• Inter-Company Management Fees Pitfalls
• Winding Up Commercial Activities Due to Sale of a Business
• Using Your Personal Residence for Short-Term Rentals
• Requirements to Register for the Quebec Sales Tax and Provincial Sales Taxes for Out of Province Persons
• New Requirements to Register for GST/HST
• General Contractor versus Project Manager
• Late Filed Closely Related Elections
• Orthodontists and ITC’s Update
Prior to the course, participants will receive case studies to review and complete. The case studies will be based on real-life situations with fact scenarios, recent court decisions, CRA audits, and issues encountered by those in public practice. Solutions to each of the case studies will be provided and reviewed during the course.
Rino Bellavia CPA, CA
Rino was a partner and the leader of the Indirect Tax Practice for the Large Market Region of BDO Canada, LLP for more than 20 years before retiring. He specializes in planning for HST, GST, PST, and employment related taxes for owner-managed businesses.